Partner Visa 

Spouse or Partner & Same-sex couples 

This visa is for couples who are in a genuine and continuing relationship as a spouse or de facto partner (living together as a common-law wife or husband) partner with an Australian citizen, permanent resident, or eligible New Zealand Citizen and is applied for in two stages.  Australia recognizes same-sex marriages and partnerships. Most applicants experience a temporary stage first, before moving to permanent residencyhowever, there are exemptions in certain circumstances. 


Defacto couples need to prove they have been in a committed genuine relationship for a minimum of 12 months prior to making an application. Depending on your circumstances this visa may be applied for inside or outside of Australia.

couple 2.png

  The Fiancé Visa  

This visa is for couples who have physically met (no internet only romances)  and are engaged to be married  to their partner who is an  Australian citizen, permanent resident or eligible New Zealand Citizen. This visa must be applied for outside Australia and the once granted the fiancé may then enter Australia. Once married, you then transition to the partner visa. It is a visa condition that once the visa is granted you MUST MARRY within 9 months of the visa being granted.

If you are planning to move to Australia with your spouse, partner, or fiance, Katherine can help you work out the best strategy for you.

 Read  below how Katherine has helped couples marry in Australia

couple 3.png

The road is long

With many a winding turn

That leads us to who knows where

Who knows where.....


Like the words in the song made famous by The Hollies in the late 1960’s, the process for obtaining a Visa to emigrate to Australia is lengthy and complex.  When I started researching the process everybody I spoke to said the same thing; “Find a professional to help you!”  Not only are the requirements very detailed, but as world circumstances change, so do the Australian Government requirements.  I imagine one could struggle through doing it for yourself but the risk of tripping up and finding the door shut, perhaps permanently, make the investment in expert guidance well worth it, in my experience.

I spoke with a number of businesses offering Visa assistance and was struck by Katherine’s caring and professional approach.  Earlier in her career she was a Nurse and I know that deep down in the DNA of that caring profession is a focus on the needs of the individual. Katherine knows the current path through the regulations and she patiently guided me, chivvying when it was required, compiling all the necessary documentation and crossing all the t’s and dotting all the i’s.

I am very grateful for Katherine’s assistance, she got me to where I wanted to be.  The process isn’t cheap but, as in so many things, you get what you pay for.  I would strongly recommend you give her a call to discuss your requirements.


Sincerely,  Mark Attenborough

We met Katherine back in the UK around 2 years ago. When we were thinking about coming to Oz. My now hubby already had PR. But I didn't. At the time we were not married. It was decided that I came to Oz on a Tourist visa. Firstly to see if I would actually like it. We arrived in Brisbane on 17/1/15. Needless to say we loved it. City views. The story bridge. Gold Coast/Sunshine coast. Endless sunny days. Once here for 6 months we contacted Katherine again to start putting the wheels in motion for my residency. As we were getting married out here we decided to go for the martial visa.

After a lot of paperwork. And lots of historical family questions my temporary visa for 8 months was issued in Jan 2016. Which meant I could now work. Once we got married in Feb 2016. I was able to apply for my Temporary resident visa. Valid for 2 years. With no restrictions. Which was issued today. Yah.. Well done Katherine and thank you so much for all your help and many emails and late night phone calls.

Brilliant service.You are the best

  Jan  & Dudley Tanton 

If you are planning to move to Australia with your spouse, partner, or fiance, Katherine can help you work out the best strategy for you.